Standing out is scary, sometimes it can even feel quite lonely. You want to be a leader, a visionary. You want to venture where no man or woman has dared go before. But you feel that pull to conform to those around you, so you shrink back; you stay small. Yet, playing small serves no one, least of all you. You are more powerful than you know. Embrace your power to create the life of your dreams on your terms.
- Decide what it is YOU want—what you really want, not what someone wants for you or thinks you should want or have. And then, give yourself permission to have it.
- Write it down to make it "real." Writing down your goals or desires sends a message to your subconscious that you're committed to achieving them.
- Take action in the direction of your dream—one step, one moment at a time. Throughout your day, consider whether your actions or choices bring you closer to your dreams or lead you further away from them. It's all about behaving in ways that are congruent to what you want to accomplish.
- Watch your words. As you speak, so you create.
- Believe all things are possible. Many of the items we use on a daily basis—computers, cars, smart phones, radios, televisions, GPS—were once considered impossibilities. If you can imagine it, there's a way to get it done. "If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you shall say unto this mountain, Remove from here to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." (Matthew 17:20)
Learn more about how to use your powerful imagination to make your dreams come true!